The two corporate parties never make it easy for Greens to get on the ballot, and Illinois has some of the worst ballot access laws in the nation. Even before the COVID-19 pandemic hit, it was extremely difficult for third-party candidates to satisfy the high petition-signature requirements that the duopoly parties had established to qualify for the November ballot. After the pandemic, it went from extremely difficult to impossible — until the Green and Libertarian parties successfully sued state officials to lower those requirements and allow electronic petitioning in this election cycle.
Even after our legal victory, it was still quite a challenge to meet the lower requirements. But thanks to a lot of hard work by our candidates and volunteers, voters in Illinois will be able to cast a ballot on November 3rd for candidates who stand for real social progress — not just for President and U.S. Senate, but, in many parts of the state, Congress, State Rep and local candidates as well.
Here is a list of the Green Party candidates that will be on the November 3, 2020 ballot:
- Howie Hawkins for President of the U.S. – Black & White Flyer – Color Flyer
- Angela Walker for Vice President of the U.S.
- David Black for U.S. Senate (IL)
- Tom Wilda for Congress (IL-5) – parts of Cook and DuPage Counties
- Chris Kruger for State Representative (IL-17) – parts of Suburban Cook County
- Alia Sarfraz for State Representative (IL-52) – parts of Suburban Cook, Kane, Lake, and McHenry Counties
- A – for State Representative (IL-85)parts of DuPage and Will Counties
- John Keating for State Representative (IL-96) – Christian, Macon, and Sangamon Counties
- Randy Auxier for State Representative (IL-115) – parts of Jackson, Jefferson, Perry, Union, and Washington Counties
- Metropolitan Water Reclamation District (MWRD) of Greater Chicago – Cook County
- Jessica Bradshaw for Jackson County Circuit Clerk – Jackson County
- Jackson County Board
Also, congratulations to Rich Giovanoni who was elected as the Niles Township (Cook County) Green Party Committeeperson during the 2020 Primary Election.