The Illinois Green Party is a grassroots, membership-based organization. Dues-paying members of the ILGP form the highest decision-making body in the party, and are entitled to a vote on all major party decisions.
That said, there are a few situations in which we are not legally able to accept monetary donations from individuals. In order to allow full membership, including voting rights, to these two demographics, who are both disenfranchised in the US electoral system. As such, minors, under 18 years of age, and undocumented individuals, can join the Illinois Green Party using this form.
If you are do not meet one of these two exemption qualifications, please pay your dues here.
Benefits of Membership
- Nominate and vote for candidates in ILGP officer elections
- Vote on the recognition and endorsement of ILGP candidates
Submit and vote on changes to the ILGP Platform and Bylaws
- Join in the founding of new local Chapters of the ILGP
- Join and vote in local Chapters of the ILGP (unless otherwise provided by local Bylaws)
- Join, lead, or found Committees of the ILGP, and vote on Committee decisions (unless otherwise provided by Committee rules)
If you are unable to access the webpage or make online payments, a paper registration and a check for annual dues payment ($60/year or $12/year for low-income members) may be sent to:
Illinois Green Party
213 S Wheaton Ave, Suite LL3
Wheaton, IL 60187