The Illinois Green Party seeks a Ballot Access Coordinator to help manage our petition drive to get our presidential and U.S. Senate candidates on the November ballot. This is projected to be a half-time (20 hour per week) position. The selected candidate will have the following responsibilities:
- Keep a calendar of petitioning opportunities throughout the state.
- Coordinate with regional team leaders to recruit, train, and supply volunteers and/or paid petitioners with necessary materials.
- Help ensure that available petitioners are matched with or dispatched to best petitioning opportunities.
- Recruit, train, and supply volunteers outside of team leader regions.
- Coordinate the processing of petitions including inspection, notarization, numbering and preparation for submission.
- Help locate notary services where needed.
- Check work of petitioners and keep accurate counts of petitions submitted by both paid and volunteer petitioners.
- Report to the ILGP Executive and Coordinating Committees on a regular basis.
- Set a good example, petitions a few hours a week.
Candidates should possess the following qualifications:
- ILGP membership preferred; should at least be familiar with Green Party and be motivated to help its candidates attain ballot status.
- Fluency in computer software including Google Sheets, Docs, & Calendar.
- A working knowledge of Nationbuilder is a plus.
- Good communication skills; ability to conduct video and/or audio conferences preferred.
- Experience with the petitioning process in Illinois preferred.
- Experience in training and supervision preferred; good “people skills.”
- Ability to collect and securely maintain documents, tabulate and maintain accurate records.
- Ability to pay attention to detail.
- Experience working with volunteers preferred.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org