While a recent decision by the US District Court placed the Green Party candidates for President and Vice President, US Senate, and select other down ticket races on the Nov. 3, 2020 ballot, many Green candidates will still have to collect petitions in order to appear on the General Election ballot. But there was some good news for candidates not placed on the ballot, the ruling also made some changes to their petitioning requirements. Those campaigns that will have to petition have their petitioning requirement cut to 10% of the normal number of signatures, the petitioning deadline has been extended to July 20, 2020, and electronic signatures have been allowed for the 2020 election cycle.
We need your help to put life and death issues like the climate crisis, spiraling wealth inequality, and racial and social justice on the table in 2020. We can't wait on the Republicans and Democrats to bail us out, we need to build a working-class political power of our own! Please sign the petitions below for any district in which you reside and help Green candidates get on the ballot in 2020! Not sure what district you live in? No problem. Each of the links below will help you figure that out.
- Larry Redmond for Congress (IL-1) - parts of Cook and Will Counties
- Christopher Kruger for State Representative (IL-17) - parts of Cook County
- Sameera Hussain for State Representative (IL-51) - parts of Cook and Lake Counties
- Alia Sarfraz for State Representative (IL-52) - parts of Cook, Kane, Lake, and McHenry Counties
- A - parts of DuPage and Will Counties for State Representative (IL-85)
- John Keating for State Representative (IL-96) - Christian, Macon, and Sangamon Counties
- Joshua Young for State Representative (IL-111) - parts of Madison and Jersey Counties
- Randy Auxier for State Representative (IL-115) - parts of Jackson, Jefferson, Perry, Union, and Washington Counties