Green Party Job Opportunities in Illinois
Current openings for the Green Party of Illinois and its affiliated chapters are listed below. For further information regarding any of these positions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fundraiser - Illinois Green Party
Hours and Compensation:
This will be a part-time position (10 hours/week) to start, at $20/hour flat-rate pay.
The Illinois Green Party Fundraiser will:
- - Make phone calls to prospective donors, including for the ILGP “20 for 50” campaign.
- - Call past sustaining donors whose subscriptions have lapsed.
- - Contact donors to thank them for their donations.
- - Send fundraising appeals via email and in cooperation with the Social Media Director.
- - Help create and carry out fundraising ideas for the fundraising dinners at state meetings.
- - Work with the Treasurer to obtain information and ensure proper reporting.
- - Help develop an annual fundraising plan.
- - Report twice monthly to the Executive and Coordinating Committees on progress.
Prior experience in fundraising or a related field such as marketing, sales, public relations, or event planning is required. The successful applicant should have a basic understanding of campaign finance rules with respect to fundraising or expect to learn those rules. Experience using Nationbuilder is helpful. Candidates for this position should possess fluency in social media and word processing programs. Strong writing and verbal skills are a must. Candidate should be creative, and also committed to Illinois Green Party goals and values. Priority will be given to Green Party members for this post.
The initial appointment will be for six months. The ILGP fully expects that the position will develop into a larger and more permanent role, with a corresponding higher compensation level, if the Fundraiser is successful in increasing donations to the party.
Apply by sending an email with your name, preferred contact information, and resume to: email@example.com. The deadline for applications is January 5, 2017. The application deadline has been extended to January 21, 2017.