IL Green Party Election Results
Congratulations to all of the Illinois Green Party 2018 General Election candidates and their teams for their inspiring, thoughtful, and intelligent campaigns that were fought hard with integrity!
Note that the election authorities are still counting absentee and provisional ballots and that the official canvass of the votes will not be completed for several weeks. Here's the unofficial results:
- - Randy Auxier for Congress (IL-12) - per the Chicago Tribune with 100% of the precincts reporting. Randy finished third of 3 candidates running for 1 seat. Mr. Auxier received 7,823 votes (3.0%).
- Metropolitan Water Reclamation District (MWRD) of Greater Chicago - per the Chicago Sun-Times with 98.47% of precincts reporting
+ For 6 year term - 8 candidates running for 3 seats
- - Chris Anthony - finished in 6th place receiving 162,423 votes (4.5%)
- - Karen Roothan - finished in 7th place receiving 160,860 votes (4.4%)
- - Tammie Felicia Vinson - finished in 8th place receiving 137,548 votes (3.8%)
+ For 2 year term - 2 candidates running for 1 seat
- - Rachel Wales - finished in 2nd place receiving 329,410 votes (23.0%)
+ For Bradford vacancy - 2 candidates running for 1 seat
- - Geoffrey Cubbage - finished in 2nd place receiving 299,873 votes (21.1%)
- Jackson County Board - per the Jackson County Clerk with 100% of precincts reporting
- - Joshua Hellmann (District 3) finished third of 3 candidates running for 1 seat. Joshua had 111 votes (3.88%).
- - Rich Whitney (District 4) finished second of 2 candidates running for 1 seat. Rich had 572 votes (23.89%).