Chapter: Cook County Green Party
The Cook County Green Party is an affiliated county chapter of the Illinois Green Party, and serves as the umbrella organization for Green Party organizing within Cook County.
Cook County Green Party public meetings are held every other month on the fourth Saturday beginning at 10:00 am, and are open to anyone with an interest in the Green Party. Meetings typically include a reports from Cook County local chapters on their activities and volunteer needs, a short informational presentation from a member or a guest, and open discussion time, as well as voting on any chapter issues. The scheduled meetings for 2017 are:
- February 25th – Oak Park Public Library, 834 Lake St., Oak Park, IL
- April 29th – People's Climate March in Chicago. The event will start at 12:00 noon at Federal Plaza, 50 W. Adams St., Chicago, IL. Facebook Event
- June 24th – Schaumburg Township District Central Library, 130 South Roselle Road, Schaumburg, IL
- August 26th – Lozano Branch Library, 1805 S. Loomis St., Chicago, IL
- October 28th – Grande Prairie Public Library, 3479 W. 183rd St., Hazel Crest, IL
- December 23rd* – Skokie Public Library, 5215 Oakton St, Skokie, IL
*The December 23rd public meeting may be moved earlier in the month to avoid conflict with the holidays, or may be combined with the annual holiday fundraising dinner.
Officers & Contact Information
If you are interested in volunteering with the Cook County Green Party or the Illinois Green Party in any form, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The current officers of the Cook County Green Party are:
- Julie Samuels, CCGP Chair – email@example.com
- George Milkowski, CCGP Secretary – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bruce Samuels, CCGP Treasurer – email@example.com
The Green Party does not accept contributions from for-profit corporations. Our only funding comes from individual, grassroots members like yourself. If you can make a contribution to the Cook County Green Party to help sustain our operations, please make out a check to the Cook County Green Party and mail it to: